Monday 11 February 2013

Valentine's Topiary

Since we're only a few days away from Valentine's Day, I thought I'd show off this little item that I made last year - my Valentine topiary. 


The pattern for the star is based on a candy dish pattern that I found in the plastic canvas group I belong to on Facebook.I painted the dowel white and the pot pink, and then gave both of them a coat of Mod Podge to make them shiny.  The band around the rim of the pot isn't glued on - it fits so tightly that there was no need to glue it.  You can't really see it, but the diamond in the middle of the band has a heart-shaped button like the one in the middle of the star.  The finishing touch was the burgundy, pink and white braid tied in a bow around the dowel.  The dowel is glued into half a styrofoam ball glued into the bottom of the pot and then topped with a bag of clear glass marbles.  Even though it's intened as a Valentine decoration, it's a perfect year-round accent in my pink bedroom!

Jen

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Welcome to the wonderful fun world of blogging :) it's addictive just like our hobbies!

    ReplyDelete